In this recent decision made by Flipkart, they are getting a lot of appraisals from people all over the country. With many big companies offering Maternity leave just for 3 months, Flipkart moved a step ahead from them.
Keeping in minds with the growing women empowerment and pregnant women working hard, Flipkart has made the best decision to retain them post-pregnancy.
(REPRESENTATIVE IMAGE. SOURCE: THEBUSINESSOWMANMEDIA)
Here is their New Maternity Benefits Program which we absolutely admire:
- All new mother get six months paid leave (can start three months before expected date of delivery).
- Post return to work women employees can avail four months of flexible working hours with full pay along with continuity on the same job.
- Can avail an extended leave of up to 12 months (career break without pay) and return to available jobs at that point.
- Up to Rs. 600 per day transport reimbursement for 2 months before going on a maternity break.
- Dedicated parking spot for two months before and after delivery.
- Higher maternity claim benefit for women employees:Rs. 65,000 for Normal DeliveryRs. 80,000 for C-Section
- Maternity packages from hospital tie-ups.
- Creche support through tie-ups with day care centers – on a co-share basis (50:50) for children up to 4 years (The tie-ups are currently been finalized).
- Maternity Care Program – advice from wellness coach on parenting, work-life balance, family health, etc.
- Mother’s room for personal care.
- The celebration of Baby Shower.
- Gift Basket loaded with goodies.
Flipkart has brought a huge change in the life of pregnant women and mothers!
Here’s what they have to say:
“Flipkart needs to be able to attract more women talent,” said Deepali Tamhane, senior director, product management, Flipkart.
“Big growth is happening in e-commerce in women’s segment. In India, we are at the cusp of that. The sooner the company gets prepared for that we will have a very strong position in keeping our leadership slot,” she added in an interaction with Economic Times.
“Flipkart aspires to be a change catalyst in the society which has its age-old conditioning of gender biases. As an e-commerce leader, which has pioneered change in India, we also want to be a catalyst for a change in the way our society works and that’s one of the bigger community causes that we want to contribute to,” she said to TOI.
(FOUNDERS: BINNY BANSAL AND SACHIN BANSAL. SOURCE: THEHINDU)
Flipkart is looking to hire more women candidates, particularly in leadership roles, to tap into the key inputs that women can provide in the e-commerce revolution.
There are no women yet on the Flipkart board of directors, but the company is looking at adding a significant percentage of women representation to the board, a Flipkart official said according to a report of ET.
“At Flipkart, we want to create a world-class work environment. We want to support women employees achieve work-life balance as they continue to focus on their careers,” said Mekin Maheshwari, chief people officer at Flipkart told Quartz.